- How to access the virtual environment (Citrix) for access to SPSS, Stata, SAS, R, and other software applications using your web browser at https://myapps.wesleyan.edu. To install the Citrix workspace:
- Instructions for Mac Users
- Instructions for Windows Users
- If you run into any problems accessing the system you can open a support ticket or contact the ITS help desk. They can assist with troubleshooting your access.
2. R students can download the software directly to your own computer.
- Step1: download and Install R R is a freely distributed language. Go to the R project’s page: http://cran.r-project.org/ and download and install the version for your machine.
- Step 2: download and install RStudio R Studio is an Integrated Development Environment – a package that “sits” on top of R and makes code writing and debugging easier. You should install R Studio after you install R. Go to http://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download and download the version for your machine.
3. How to access the dragon directories: This is where we have some shared directories (folders) for the course:
- For students using https://myapps.wesleyan.edu, you can directly access the directories via the virtual desktop
- Otherwise, to connect to dragon from your computer follow the instructions here.
- The common data files for the course are contained in the following directories:
- \dragon\courses\qac201\Studies and Codebooks\
- If you need to upload your own data, you can follow the instructions here.